Back to School Guidance for Commonwealth Employees
Employees should review the following information to understand and evaluate their options for leave, alternate work schedules and telework. Employees should consult with their supervisors and must receive approval for any changes.
- The commonwealth will continue to maximize the use of temporary telework and personal safety protocols for those reporting to the workplace in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Temporary telework arrangements that are currently in place in agencies under the Governor’s jurisdiction will continue until June 30, 2021 unless an agency has an operational need to return employees to a physical work location or if the Governor’s Proclamation of Disaster Emergency is rescinded prior to July 1, 2021. Decisions involving child learning and/or dependent care arrangements that will occur after June 30, 2021 should not be based on a current, temporary telework arrangement or the expectation that a future, temporary telework arrangement may be approved.
- Employees who telework are expected to be available to both their supervisors and/or customers and to be able to perform their essential job functions during their scheduled work shift.
- Employees are required to use leave when not working and engaged in personal business such as dependent care, in-home child learning, etc.
- Commonwealth-provided devices and equipment are for employee use only. Under no circumstance should any other household member use commonwealth-provided equipment. Please refer to Management Directive 205.34 – Amended - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy.