Begin Main Content Area

Death in the Family

The commonwealth offers the State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP) to most employees and their family members.  SEAP helps in addressing a variety of personal issues, including substance abuse, mental health, family issues, legal and financial consultations.  SEAP can be reached 24/7 at 800.692.7459.

Your commonwealth leave benefits include bereavement leave.  Refer to your union contract or contact your Agency Time Advisor for more information.

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

​What health insurance changes can I make and how? 

​Are there other insurance programs I should review?

How do I update my beneficiaries?​

​Should I change my tax withholding?

What other changes should I consider?​