Governor's awards for excellence
The Governor’s Awards for Excellence is a prestigious and competitive program that recognizes commonwealth employees for exemplary job performance or service that reflects initiative, leadership, innovation and increased efficiency.
The nomination period for 2016 is open now through Jan. 31, 2017. The nomination period for 2016 is open now through Jan. 31, 2017.
- Nomination Form - Each nomination must include a clear, substantive description of the achievement and can be expanded beyond the nomination by up to five pages of supporting materials.
Award recipients will be honored at a ceremony with the Governor in May 2017 in conjunction with State Employee Recognition Day.
Any current, permanent commonwealth employee can be nominated by another current, permanent commonwealth employee.
Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Group nominations may include up to 10 people.
Nominations should be for service, achievements or accomplishments that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Must go beyond an individual agency program and have multi-agency impact.
- Must have significant impact on the general public, or the life, safety, or property of another (others).
- Must have significantly enhanced the image, prestige, or effectiveness of the commonwealth.
- The development of commonwealth policy or improved methods or procedures has resulted in significant increased productivity, cost-savings or revenue enhancements, innovation, efficiency, or service to the commonwealth.
If you have questions about the Governor's Awards for Excellence, please contact the OA-Human Resources, Bureau of Workforce Planning, Development and EEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.