Governor's Awards for Excellence
The Governor’s Awards for Excellence is a prestigious and competitive program that recognizes commonwealth employees for exemplary job performance that reflects initiative, leadership, innovation and outstanding public service.
The nomination period for 2018 is now closed.
- Nomination Form - Each nomination must include a clear, substantive description of the achievement and can be expanded beyond the nomination by up to five pages of supporting materials.
Award recipients will be honored at a ceremony with the Governor in May 2019 in conjunction with State Employee Recognition Day.
Any current, permanent commonwealth employee can be nominated by another current, permanent commonwealth employee.
Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Group nominations may include up to 10 people.
Nominations should be for service, achievements or accomplishments that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Must go beyond an individual agency program and have multi-agency impact.
- Must have significant impact on the general public, or the life, safety, or property of another (others).
- Must have significantly enhanced the image, prestige, or effectiveness of the commonwealth.
- Exemplies outstanding public service to the commonwealth.
If you have questions about the Governor's Awards for Excellence, please contact OA-Talent Development at email@example.com.